So hard to tell people

Home Page Forums School and Friends So hard to tell people

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of joshguy929 joshguy929 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Annienonymous
    Annienonymous
    Participant

Unexpected cancer lesson I’ve learned: It’s surprised me how tough it is having to tell different people about the diagnosis and treatment. And trying to remember who you’ve told what. I’m still keeping it to a very small group but it always manages to come up somehow.

Why do people want all the details? It’s like once they know, they are fascinated by it. This isn’t something that’s fascinating, it’s something that is devastating and destroying my family.

Ugh. It’s just awkward when people ask me what my parents do or what tense I should use when talking about my dad’s profession. Then when I tell them I can see how badly they want to ask and most just do. It’s so difficult

Profile photo of greywind9245
    greywind9245
    Participant

Ugh I hate this. I hate when you meet someone, especially those people you know you’ll never see again, the people you just happen to strike up conversation with. It’s just not comfortable to divulge that. So it’s awkward and I lie and the whole time I feel uncomfortable, talking about my mom as if she’s still teaching, as if she’s not cancer-ridden. Sigh.

Profile photo of joshguy929
    joshguy929
    Participant

^ This I relate to SO much. While its hard telling people in general, it is so awkward to be in those situations where there’s really no point. It also just feels like you would be burdening them. Which is weird because we are the ones who are burdened.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.