Question for those who have lost?

Home Page Forums Loss Question for those who have lost?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drseuss drseuss 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cuse2k19
    cuse2k19
    Participant

I know this is morbid, and I know I’m not there yet thankfully but I was wondering how many of you gave a eulogy? Sadly its something that has been on my mind and I just can’t imagine having the strength.

Profile photo of jsk94
    jsk94
    Participant

I haven’t lost anyone yet but this has definitely been on my mind 🙁

Profile photo of drseuss
    drseuss
    Participant

Hey guys,

I just lost my mom two weeks ago and I did give a eulogy. I figure I would be good at answering this as I just went through it.

For me, it was a strange day in general. There were parts that were hard and parts that weren’t when it came to the eulogy. My goal was to get through it without completely breaking down, and I almost almost did that. I actually did ok with most of it but when I got to the part where I described how incredible my dad was and how much my mom loved him, I lost it. I just felt so horrible for him.

Personally, I couldn’t write mine until super last minute. We knew she was dying but I just couldn’t write about her before it was real. I also felt like I didn’t have the strength but I knew it was important and something I would regret if I didn’t do. it was definitely exhausting but heck, this whole thing is.

I truly truly hope your parents stay well. Enjoy what time you have and try not to worry about this stuff until/if it comes!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.