Parents renewing vows

Home Page Forums My Experiences Parents renewing vows

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rooroo20 rooroo20 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ledzep
    ledzep
    Participant

Just before my dad was diagnosed, my parents had decided to renew their vows. I am one of those very very lucky kids who has parents that are so in love and committed to one another. I can’t imagine going through this process without their support, honesty and adoration for one another. When my dad was diagnosed, the ceremony became even more important to them and it turned into a slightly larger affair.

My father was sweet enough to involve us and let us help him re-propose to our mom.He surprised her by creating a small scavenger hunt where each of us was to give her a clue. It took her to some of her favorite places including a nail salon, her favorite book store, and finally, their favorite restaurant. He even got dressed up in a suit and had a new outfit picked out for her. Truly the most romantic event. It was honestly one of the most special memories, watching my parent’s love and commitment to one another.

They day itself was such a happy affair. it was not especially formal – we had a few close relatives and family friends over. They did it in the fall in our backyard. My parents wrote the most beautiful vows for one another. Honestly, it made me both tremendously happy and grateful, but also sad. I can’t bare the thought that my parents who are soulmates might be taken away from each other far too soon. My dad is only 48 years old and my mom is 45. But it truly was a celebration of their love, and also our entire family.

Profile photo of hope2015
    hope2015
    Participant

This is just precious and beautiful. How wonderful that your parents have showed you what you hope to have one day! My parents were the same way 🙂

Profile photo of rooroo20
    rooroo20
    Participant

This is so sweet!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.