Parents dating after loss?

Home Page Forums Loss Parents dating after loss?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bumpy bumpy 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rainbowfish
    Rainbowfish
    Participant

My mom started dating again about a year after. I never begrudged her that. The last thing I wanted was to have her be alone. We may have our issues but I know that my dad was the love of her life. She still continues to say it despite having a somewhere serious boyfriend. Just wondering how others are coping? Thought I’d make a thread to share experiences

Profile photo of natashaaaa90
    natashaaaa90
    Participant

While my mom is definitely not there, I was wondering if any of your parents swore they would be alone for the rest of their lives. My dad told my mom he wants her to find someone else after he dies but she keeps vehemently swearing that she is done with dating and love. She says that he was the love of her life and that nothing would compare. I am definitely worried about her and I definitely don’t want her to be alone.

Profile photo of bumpy
    bumpy
    Participant

My dad recently started dating (about 2.5 years after her death) and it can definitely be difficult in ways I didn’t expect. I love my dad and I don’t want him to be alone but it can feel like someone is invading your life a bit.

I guess one thing I’ve noticed now that my dad has a gf is that it feels very uncomfortable to ever mention my mom, even though we used to talk about her all the time. I wish I didn’t have to feel like its a topic I can’t discuss.

While I like his gf, sometimes I think she oversteps her role. And I think my dad really pushes us to spend time together when quite frankly, that makes me uncomfortable.

Also to Natashaaaa90 – my dad said the same thing and it did take him a while (years) but he finally opened up to someone. While she may not be my favorite choice, I am glad he’s willing to try again! Maybe your mom will change her mind and just needs time as it is a very recent loss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.