New & Scared

Home Page Forums Treatment New & Scared

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hope2015 hope2015 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joshguy929
    joshguy929
    Participant

Hi all. New to the group. My dad was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer in March. He’s completed chemo, radiation and chemo combined and is scheduled for surgery on the 28th. I’m hoping for words of encouragement. This disease scares the hell out of me and the surgery does too. I’m just so full of fear and anxiety I could use some encouraging words of hope from those with experience. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of gmbz
    gmbz
    Participant

This disease is the absolute worst. The constant fear and anxiety every day is overwhelming and maddening. The absolute best thing you can do is remain hopeful, and enjoy every minute with your dad. Don’t forget that he’s still here and I’m sure all he wants is to be with his family! Miracles do happen and you never know what the outcome will be!

Profile photo of laylaloo
    laylaloo
    Participant

Thinking of you and sending good vibes! Just remember to take it one day at a time. This process can be overwhelming but I found it so helpful to shorten my view – focus on each day, hour, minute, whatever it took to get by

Profile photo of hope2015
    hope2015
    Participant

Can’t agree more with Laylaloo – definitely take it one day at a time. When you try to predict the future you will always get anxious. There’s no way to know what will happen when it will so try to make the most out of every day! You’re not alone – I remember being terrified and overwhelmed many times while my mom was sick. Just do your best, cut yourself slack, and slow it down. You will realize how strong you are!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.