Most absurd things people have said to you?

Home Page Forums School and Friends Most absurd things people have said to you?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of greywind9245 greywind9245 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of laylaloo
    laylaloo
    Participant

I guess I was hoping we could post the ridiculous things people have said to us to try to comfort us. Sometimes I truly wonder if people think before they speak ahah…gotta laugh about it right?

For me –

“Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about that. My dog died of cancer and it was so so sad and hard.” – said to me while my dad as 1. STILL ALIVE 2. A HUMAN BEING
    -this still makes me crack up

Profile photo of bumpy
    bumpy
    Participant

Lol, I like this thread. Everyone needs to laugh a little! Definitely got a lot of people saying that they understood because their grandparents died

From my now ex when I told him while we were dating – “I’m sorry to hear that” after I told him she was dying and there were no options left. That was the end of that and good riddance!

Profile photo of jsk94
    jsk94
    Participant

“But your dad doesn’t look sick”

Ugh. People.

Profile photo of IslanderMP
    IslanderMP
    Participant

“I know someone with pancreatic cancer and they’re still alive”

I know it was meant to be comforting, but really?

Profile photo of hope2015
    hope2015
    Participant

“Its been a long time since they passed so I’m sure it will hurt less” – anniversary of my mom’s death

“I thought you were getting better about this” – mother’s day

Sometimes I swear….People never cease to amaze me. I laugh about these now because it still just seems so absurd.

Profile photo of gmbz
    gmbz
    Participant

“Time heals all wounds” – whoever thought this would be comforting clearly never experienced loss

Reading this thread makes me laugh – thank you so much for starting it. Nice to know that other people are being told ridiculous and insensitive things too! I know people mean well but sometimes I want to scream!

Profile photo of laylaloo
    laylaloo
    Participant

“Its been a long time since they passed so I’m sure it will hurt less” – anniversary of my mom’s death

“I thought you were getting better about this” – mother’s day

Sometimes I swear….People never cease to amaze me. I laugh about these now because it still just seems so absurd.

I know right?! It’s sorta insane what some people will say to comfort you

Profile photo of greywind9245
    greywind9245
    Participant

One of my friends didn’t say this directly to me but I overheard her talking (just a little too loudly) – ” Poor thing, she really thinks there’s hope. I heard that type of cancer is pretty much deadly”

Obviously hurt me tremendously and I’m sure she wouldn’t have said it to my face. People suck and shouldn’t talk about things they don’t understand

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.