Going through old stuff

Home Page Forums Loss Going through old stuff

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gmbz gmbz 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gmbz
    gmbz
    Participant

hey everyone, lost my Dad a few months ago and am finally feeling like I can look at some of the things he gave me, pictures, etc. At first, it just hurt too much. Ever since he’s passed I wear this old raggedy Rolling Stones t-shirt he used to wear around the house. He introduced me to classic rock so wearing the shirt reminds me of what we shared. Do you guys have any special items that give you comfort? Would love to hear some happy memories and stories.

Profile photo of bumpy
    bumpy
    Participant

My favorite thing are these earrings my mom always wore. She gave them to me before she passed and they always make me feel connected with her. I consider them my good luck charm and wear them whenever I think I need a little extra strength!

Profile photo of hope2015
    hope2015
    Participant

I have a few sweaters I kept (Although they don’t smell like her 🙁 ) but my favorite thing is sea glass we used to collect together. I keep them in my room and look at them and sort through them often. She loved all the rare pieces so much!

Profile photo of joshguy929
    joshguy929
    Participant

my dad’s tennis racquet. while he still is so much better than me it brings me strength and happiness being able to use his racquet on the court. hoping he’s with me when i play 🙂

Profile photo of gmbz
    gmbz
    Participant

Thank you guys for posting! It’s so nice to hear about everyone’s special pieces

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.