dad's about to start chemo and radiation

Home Page Forums Treatment dad's about to start chemo and radiation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Annienonymous Annienonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oreosnmilk
    oreosnmilk
    Participant

Hi all,

new here and just sharing. I’m in high school and my dad was diagnosed with cancer a few days ago. I’m not really sure about the details but I know he’s going to start chemo and radiation soon. I’m so scared. Since I found out, I’ve been having nightmares and I can’t focus on anything. All day I try to distract myself by watching netflix or doing different hobbies but I just can’t stop thinking and worrying. I feel like I will never feel ok again. I am really really hopeful that this treatment will work. My dad is my everything. I’m definitely a daddy’s girl and we do everything together. He’s the reason I want to go to law school. I don’t know what I’d do without him. Anyway, thanks for reading this

Profile photo of Annienonymous
    Annienonymous
    Participant

So sorry to hear about your dad. Distractions are so so necessary because this will definitely bring you down if you spend all your time thinking about it. I also think talking to friends helps so much when I feel like I’m going to explode. Cancer just SUCKS. Keep us posted on how everything is going! I’m sure your dad will kick ass 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.