Checkups

Home Page Forums Remission Checkups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rooroo20 rooroo20 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rooroo20
    rooroo20
    Participant

My mom has a check up in a few weeks and even though it’s been 2 years I always get so scared. I’m so lucky to have wonderful friends that are extra supportive but I wish I could do something to calm both my mom and my nerves leading up to this. I guess I won’t ever feel safe again, not after she was sick. I worry so much about her.

Profile photo of Mgreenie13
    Mgreenie13
    Participant

Hey rooroo20,

I’m in the same boat as you and have anxiety about it as well! Having a parent with cancer will always change the way you view the world and your ability to just blindly think that things are ok. Just do your best not to worry and try to remember that she SURVIVED and that she is getting these scans simply as a precaution! Better to have the scans and know then to avoid them and maybe find something too late

Profile photo of rooroo20
    rooroo20
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Mgreenie13! you’re totally right, I need to keep reminding myself that she survived and that these scans are to protect her. Sometimes I think its easy to almost feel like the scans will make something happen almost, does that make sense? I know its not rational but I guess that’s kindof how I view it haha.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.