Back to "normal"

Home Page Forums Remission Back to "normal"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mgreenie13 Mgreenie13 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mgreenie13
    Mgreenie13
    Participant

My mom finished her last chemo treatment a few weeks ago and we’re trying to go back to “normal” life. Even though my mom is planning on returning to work, how can anything ever be normal again? These past 6 months have been so terrifying and exhausting and I feel as though I couldn’t go back to the old me if I tried. I’m also terrified for the follow-up exams. Sorry for the little rant and thanks for listening guys!

Profile photo of laylaloo
    laylaloo
    Participant

I also have the same concern. It feels so weird to suddenly be done with the doctors visits and the chemo. I feel a little restless and anxious just “waiting” to see what happens. Try not to think about it and just enjoy yourself and life! I’m sure with time we will adjust! I don’t think we will ever not be nervous about checkups but I am trying to just remain positive and hopeful for a long, healthy future!

Profile photo of Mgreenie13
    Mgreenie13
    Participant

Thanks so much! It really is so helpful to know that I am not the only one feeling this way! Definitely trying to stay positive and working on enjoying each and every moment 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.