Reply To: Upcoming Surgery

Home Page Forums Treatment Upcoming Surgery Reply To: Upcoming Surgery

Profile photo of jilldressler
jilldressler
Participant

I agree with all of the above responses. Something I really struggled with when my dad was sick was that the treatment was so painful and caused so much damage. I found it really difficult to come to terms with the fact that it was going after the cancer, and that it could cure him despite how violent and merciless it was. I would never tell you to “be strong” or “stay positive” because I kinda think that that’s bullshit (pardon my language…). It sucks; there is absolutely no way to deny that. Seeing someone you love be terrified and at risk never gets easier. The only thing I think you can do is what the above responses have said: be there for her and tell her you love her. Try not to let yourself constantly worry about the worst case scenario because that’ll just waste your time. I really like the idea about making plans with your mom after the surgery because it shows that there IS a future, and that you know she will get through the surgery. You and your family, especially your mom, are in my thoughts and prayers!